Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a Field Applications Specialist – Imaging Mass Cytometry (IMC) to support IMC customers and work closely with other dedicated IMC Application Specialists on protocol and application development.
- Passionate about working for a company that creates cutting edge scientific solutions
- Inspired by the opportunity to serve as the front-line Voice of Customer in ongoing technology development efforts by providing relevant and timely feedback to internal colleagues in Application Support, Marketing, and R&D
- Motivated to conduct experiments that define the imaging platform for marketing and training purposes
- Support of the early adopter customer segment, including on-site hands-on training
- Develop and improve protocols for imaging mass cytometry by working closely with early adopter customers
- Participate in scientific collaborations to generate data for publication, presentation, marketing literature, and develop novel applications for IMC
- Participate in the creation and review of technical materials (manuals, application notes, white papers, publication digests, and presentations. Provide field training for these materials
- Provide technical marketing support by generating print and web-based marketing collateral and by presenting data and products at scientific meetings, interest and user group meetings
- Conduct product demonstrations at Fluidigm’s new Customer Inspiration Centers (San Francisco and Markham, ON) for potential customers evaluating or writing grant applications for purchase of mass cytometry products
- Provide advanced customer applications support, including troubleshooting issues related to user technical skill, instrument operation, experimental design, and data analysis
- Conduct Fluidigm-based training courses for customers, distributors and new personnel
- Create and maintain support information in the company enterprise database
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- A Ph.D. and strong immunology, cancer research or stem cell biology background preferred
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with biochemistry, molecular biology, or cell biology techniques
- Skilled in troubleshooting software, instrumentation, applications, and analysis of flow cytometry and imaging
- Strong background in Immunohistochemistry and/or Immunofluoresence/Imaging
- Experience with mass spectrometry and/or CyTOF desirable
- High-level bioinformatics skills
- The ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and technical writing ability
- Commitment to customer service
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
Sound good? Apply online now with your resume.