Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if that excites you, we're ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a motivated Field Application Specialist to help empower our customers with knowledge and expertise that helps advance their research. Our customers are a key focus of Fluidigm, and this candidate will serve a critical role in supporting, teaching, and partnering with them to ensure their success.
- Passionate about inspiring customer success and loyalty
- Excited to facilitate and participate in cutting-edge scientific research
- Motivated to work with many different cultures and communicate effectively with people of diverse cultural and scientific backgrounds
- Interested in learning how to challenge customers to think differently about their research and 'routines' in the laboratory
- Able to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Educate, train, and inform customers on Fluidigm applications, products and protocols.
- Proactively engage with existing and prospective customers to promote the use of our technology and to be informed by their needs and experimental progress.
- Stay up-to-date on current literature in single-cell genomics, particularly with customers using Fluidigm technology, and actively incorporate examples when engaging with customers and sales prospects
- Perform customer laboratory trainings, pre-sales seminars, and assist with customer inquiries regarding the use of Fluidigm in their experiments.
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Travel in specific geographic areas is required for this position, such as Saudi Arabia and other countries in the Arabic peninsula, South Africa, and Russia. This candidate must be comfortable with travel of this nature.
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- 5+ years relevant experience, including working with, analyzing and optimizing laboratory experiments in molecular and cellular biology.
- Experience with techniques such as quantitative real-time PCR, DNA and RNA sequencing using next generation platforms, cell handling, tissue culture, cellular enrichment and analytical techniques such as FACS, ELISA, bead enrichment, immunohistochemistry, bioinformatics.
- Experience in immunology highly desired
- Experience in a coaching or teaching role, or a role that is customer-facing.
- Comfort in collaborating with team members and strong communication skills.
- The ability to receive, offer and process critical feedback in a positive way, and to explain or defend work when appropriate.
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
Sound good? Apply online now with your C.V.