Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every lesvel.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a highly-motivated Bioinformatics Applications Scientist to join our exciting mass cytometry team based in Markham, ON. This individual will be a critical contributor to proteomics applications projects as the analysis expert for both suspension and imaging mass cytometry.
- Develop an extensive understanding of data analysis related to our suspension and imaging mass cytometry platforms
- Interact with key opinion leaders to develop optimal data analysis workflows that will ensure customer success
- Serve as a key internal resource for support escalation related to advanced data analysis issues
- Develop and deliver innovative training programs for our field support teams and customers utilizing the Fluidigm Learning Management System
- Author whitepapers and technical notes to support our diverse customer base that feature optimized data analysis workflows
- Support troubleshooting and applications/product development projects data analysis as needed by the product applications support team
- A PhD with significant experience in bioinformatics and data analysis of cytometry and/or image based data
- Skilled in troubleshooting software, instrumentation, and applications related to cytometry and image analysis
- The ability to travel at least 30% of the time
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and technical writing ability
- Independent thinker with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative attitude within and outside own discipline
- Commitment to customer experience and service
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.