Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
Fluidigm is looking for a Channel Manager -APAC who will be responsible for all out bound marketing communications to both distributers and customers directly.
- Devise sales strategies for meeting and exceeding targets for the region.
- Drive all aspects of the sales cycle from prospecting, lead generation and progression to deal negotiations and closure as well as managing a 6-month rolling-forecast.
- Build professional relationships with our customers and meet sales objectives within their territory.
- Develop SWOT and territory analysis and execute sales strategies against analysis with data driven decision making.
- Utilize effective communication to gain approval for ideas as well as communicate results to senior management.
- Manage all requests for quotations and/or routine information from both distributor and direct sales regions.
- Manage key accounts in regions where Fluidigm sells directly in the absence of distributors, including but not limited to maintaining and growing current customer base as well as establishing initial contact with new customers.
- Work cross-functionally with HQ (San Francisco), Regional Office / Team and other teams internationally.
- Able to deliver clear and persuasive presentations to both small groups and large audiences.
- Drive consumable growth in key accounts and devise strategies for increasing utilization in under-performing accounts.
- Arrange regular workshops, teleconferences and trainings involving corporate marketing or other Fluidigm groups to APAC distributors.
- Work with the Regional Marketing Manager to implement geographic-specific sales plans across the region.
- Develop and implement sales programs across the region to drive growth and activity.
- Reports to the Commercial Director for Greater Asia
- Travel 60% of the time.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a Life Sciences discipline, or equivalent
- Minimum of Five years of successful sales experience in Life Sciences or Diagnostics markets, with good knowledge of qPCR, flow cytometry, genotyping, gene expression, NGS workflowsHigh motivation to achieve targets, with bias for actions
- Demonstrated effectiveness in selling “solution based” workflows
- Data driven decision making individual, with ability to translate plans into actions for continuous improvement
- Effective territory strategy and time management
- Ability to interface at all levels within an Organization for both internal and external Customers
- Confident to work in a sales team and in matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Willing to travel up to 60% of time to key customers, conferences and meetings
- Fluent in English
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and as a person.
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback