As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, the Production Technician participates in assembly and testing of the CyTOF®, which is a novel analytical instrument for simultaneous detection of multiple proteins in single biological cells, and other related instruments.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Perform complete hands-on assembly of electric and mechanical modules, integration, operation and testing of complicated analytical production instruments
- Demonstrate thoroughness, attention to detail and meticulousness of assembly and testing are critical
- Strictly follow the protocols and standard operating procedures
- Write test reports and other documentation (including revised and new SOPs)
- Participate in improvement and preparation of documentation
- Train and mentor junior production personnel
- Servicing and refurbishing of returned instruments
- Work in collaboration and support other departments, such as R&D projects
- Work on ad hoc projects as they arise
- Schedule preventative maintenance, calibration and installation of new equipment
- Track of shortage of all parts, take leadership role in communicating with production manager and supply chain director
Qualifications and Skills:
- Technical diploma (electrical or mechanical) combined with relevant work experience
- More than 5 years of experience in hands-on assembly of complicated electrical, mechanical and optical assemblies - including cables, electrical power distribution modules, vacuum systems, delicate ion-optical modules, precision piezo ceramic/stepper motors and Laser.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skill with electrical, mechanical, and optical components
- Knowledgeable and proficient in lead-free soldering
- Manual dexterity and ability to handle small delicate assemblies
- Sound analytical skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow complicated electrical, mechanical drawings and performs measurement and verification of parts compliance to drawings.
- Ability to solve complicated instrument malfunction problems independently and with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with document management system
- Experience in Quality Control Testing and assist with writing documentation
- Team player, positive attitude, and punctual
- Strong learning and communication skills
- Open to new ideas and concepts
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and other applications
- Ability to teach junior staff and to transfer experience through informal presentations and on-the-job training
- Experience in multiple areas of assemblies such as ion-optics, light-optics, electronics, or frame assemblies would be an asset
- Occasional heavy lifting of up to 50lb
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.