The Product Development Scientist will play an active role in interdisciplinary teams with an overall goal to provide high-quality mass cytometry reagents. The individual will support the execution of new product introduction and sustaining projects. Duties include tasks to support product scale-up, process optimization, technology transfer and process validation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Participate in design verification and validation study test planning to support new product introduction and sustaining projects
- Responsible for execution of verification and validation experiments, interpreting results and summarizing data from project reports
- Participate in the development of process maps, SOPs, work instructions and analytical methods to support robust and reproducible manufacturing of mass cytometry reagents
- Work with R&D chemistry to support scale-up experiments, including testing of samples produced by chemistry and development of robust manufacturing plans
- Work with QA on activities related to equipment calibration, qualification, risk assessment and design control documentation
Minimum Job Requirements:
- An advanced degree is required in Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry discipline with 1-2 years related experience in flow cytometry, mass cytometry, analytical /bioanalytical development or work in pharma R&D.
- Demonstrated ability for understanding research lab work, problem-solving skills, collaboration with other departments, and ability to manage multiple projects or assignments.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical reports, technical procedures, validation protocols and reports, operating instructions, scientific publications, general business periodicals, or governmental regulations.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to present and communicate (oral and written) information in a transparent manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Travel required - less than 10%.
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.