The right job isn’t about location or benefits or responsibilities. The right job is about personality, character, motivation, fulfillment. It’s about what inspires us, what we’re passionate about.
At Fluidigm, we’re passionate about life. Exploring it, studying it, sustaining it, living it. We make biotech tools that enable our customers and ourselves to seek truth in applied life sciences. To push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?”
Naturally, we’re also passionate about people, especially the ones we work with. We know that the right people in the right positions can do amazing things, and we love helping that happen. Now we’re looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our talented technical support team. And if you’re the right person, we’d like to make you a deal:
- Provide exceptionally competent phone and email support to our customers, distributors and staff
- Serve as our primary customer contact on technical product and application-related issues, resolving issues and tackling queries in a manner that inspires confidence
- Take full ownership of assigned cases, guiding them through troubleshooting or escalation to final resolution
- Track customer complaints, identifying trends and conducting failure investigation with cross-functional teams, all the while meticulously following SOP to ensure that every customer interaction gets logged into the call tracking database
- Conduct demonstration experiments on our mass cytometry applications, analyze and present data to customers and develop customer-facing training materials and documents
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- Deliver superior compensation, benefits and opportunities for career growth
- Engage you in a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Offer onsite yoga classes, randomly free and good food, friendly greetings, and, seriously, a lot more
You Must Have
- A B.S., with five years of relevant experience in Mass Cytometry, flow cytometry or an allied discipline, and at least three years of customer or technical support experience. Alternatively, Masters or PhD in Science with 2 years of relevant experience in Mass Cytometry.
- Proven experience in at least one of the following: sample preparation, data acquisition or data analysis, combined with experience in customer support (preferably in the life sciences)
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving skills combined with a genuine desire to see the customer succeed
- Self-motivation, attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- The ability to thrive on challenge within a dynamic organization at the forefront of scientific progress
If this sounds like you, we want to know. Apply online now with your resume and a link to your portfolio or website.