Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer and leader in revolutionary single-cell technology, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a highly-motivated Software Tester to test the user interface, instrument control and data analysis features of our scientific software products. Using primarily manual testing, you will design and execute tests that ensure product requirements are met, defects are identified quickly, and that a high standard of product quality is maintained. This is a full-time position in Markham, ON.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with various departments and functional groups to verify and validate software products for our cutting-edge instrumentation.
- Review and verify software designs, create and execute test and validation plans, recommend software changes to improve the quality of our products and enhance its ease of use.
- Collaborate with a team of developers, testers, product designers, and stakeholders using Agile development methods.
- Update, maintain, and execute use cases and test plans for existing features and user interfaces in our products.
- Analyze, identify, and document issues that are software and/or hardware in nature, and work alongside developers, engineers, and scientists to resolve them.
- Discuss algorithm implementation with developers and develop parallel verification test scripts..
- Identify routinely-executed tests and use cases that are good candidates for test automation.
- Help internal and external customers resolve issues related to our software products.
- Gain advanced knowledge of mass cytometry software and hardware products over time
- 3+ years of software testing experience, with experience creating, organizing and performing tests
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science, computer science or a STEM related field.
- Experience with organizational tools (e.g. JIRA) and version/repository control system (e.g. Git, VSTF).
- Advance knowledge in Excel or any other scientific data analysis software (e.g., MatLab, Maple, Origin, Igor Pro) to perform advance fitting and/or statistical calculations.
- Experience helping customers diagnose and resolve potential issues with software products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience Installing/Maintaining/Troubleshooting of Windows OS.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Experience working with mass spectrometry, flow cytometry, microscopy or similar scientific products
- Experience testing software products that interface with scientific instrumentation or hardware equipment
- Experience working within a medical device environment (e.g., ISO 13485, IEC 62304)
- Working knowledge of C++, VB, R, or Python is a strong asset.
- Value your contribution, enlist your feedback, and support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Provide you with a fun, modern, sun-filled work environment in Markham, Ontario, near Rouge River walking trails and just 5 minutes drive off of Highway 404, 407 or highway 7
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Offer onsite yoga classes, espresso and fruits, ping pong and foosball tables, board games, samosa socials, walking and running clubs, an outstanding working environment and, seriously, a lot more
How to Apply:
For this position, please submit:
- Your resume and cover letter
- Anything else that will let us know more about your skills and experiences that you’d be willing to share, ie. your blog, Twitter, academic papers you’ve published (if any), etc.
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.