The successful candidate will provide service parts rework service to Fluidigm’s internal and external customers. He or she must be able to troubleshoot complex problems within an operational interplay of software, hardware, and chemistry. He or she must be committed to total customer satisfaction, with the ability to demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills and solid judgment. A team player is essential as this position will have a great degree of overlap with various interdisciplinary groups within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all service parts returned to Canada depot for rework
- Perform rework and testing on select returned parts and modules
- Coordinate rework with internal teams and external vendors
- Manage the queue of rework parts and work orders
- Adhere to good documentation practices is required
- Instrument hardware and software troubleshooting, often under challenging conditions.
- Prepare reworked parts for shipment
- Adopt and leverage our Salesforce.com business policies, procedures, and reporting
- Adopt and comply with 5S methodology
Education and Experience
- BS in Science or Engineering discipline with 4 years of industry experience in the testing, service and/or support of Life Science instruments and/or combination of experience and education/training.
- Technical support/service experience desired.
- Ability to focus on details and follow protocols/best practices is a must.
- Substantial working knowledge of electrical and mechanical sub-systems.
- Expertise in employing root cause analysis and corrective action methodologies.
- Windows Operating System knowledge.
- Prior work with Life Science instrumentation desirable.
- Salesforce.com familiarity a plus.
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.