Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Field Service Engineer to provide break-fix instrument service to Fluidigm customers predominantly for the mass cytometry instruments (CyTOF systems), serving as the primary customer contact on technical and service related issues.
This position is based out of the Boston area.
- Be responsible for system installations, service visits, and technical support case management
- Troubleshoot instrument hardware and software, often under challenging conditions
- Contribute to high-value service related procedures and documents
- Identify areas for product and process improvement and communicate these accordingly
- Adopt and leverage our Salesforce.com business policies, procedures, and reporting
- Travel around 60%on both a scheduled and unscheduled basis
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- BS in a science or engineering discipline
- 4 years of industry experience in the service and/or support of analytical instruments and/or combination of experience and education/training
- Service Engineer and/or Technical Support experience
- Substantial working knowledge of electrical and mechanical sub-systems
- Expertise in employing root cause analysis and corrective action methodologies
- Experience with laser optics desirable
- Prior work with life science instrumentation, especially mass spectrometersdesirable
- Familiarity in Salesforce.com / ServiceMax preferred
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!