Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer and leader in revolutionary single-cell technology, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a Sales Support Administrator to support the entire sales order cycle (quote to cash) with the goal to provide smooth execution of orders and revenue recognition, based on current and future policies, procedures and guidelines.
The Sales Support Administrator will work closely with the US Sales Administration team, Account Managers, Logistics, Finance, Legal, Operations and Marketing to deliver world class customer support, ensure immediate response to Customer requests, provide reliable data for reporting and planning purposes, actively participate in quote-to-cash, cross-functional process improvements.
- Self motivated and self driven individual who is eager to learn and contribute to the sales team and support our costumers
- Inspired about working for a company that creates cutting edge scientific solutions
- Ability to initiate and participate to process improvement initiative through knowledge sharing, initiative, teamwork
- Customer-oriented, excellent customer communication skills and experience (oral and written)
- Be the single point of contact for quote to cash inquiries and problem solving; escalation and cross-functional solution of any issues/requests
- Information on pricing, promotions, any specific terms
- Escalation triggers and cross-functional teamwork for Customer satisfaction purposes.
- Documentation of Customer feedback for audit and analysis purposes
- Proactive Customer relationship management (Terms and conditions review and updates, order status, invoices, collections, documentation)
- Provide quotations including response to tenders (potential future stage)
- Be responsible for order validation, acceptance and entry (in partnership with Legal and Finance) for products, Time and Material services and service contracts/training
- Be responsible for order management within pre-negotiated and pre-approved terms. Clean order flow to allow clean and timely invoicing
- Order Acknowledgement
- Change orders
- Management of shipment dates based upon customer requests, in partnership with Logistics/Manufacturing/Demand Planning
- Special requirements to meet Customer requests
- Escalation management for timely resolution of customer issues
- Have oversight and will manage the e-Commerce Orders
- Be an active member to ensure audit compliance (document controls, process controls/approvals, record retention)
- Contribute to cross-functional, continuous process and quality improvements to ensure business compliance and Customer Satisfaction
- Ensure maintenance of Customer Master (AX ERP), and ensure its integrity, accuracy, compliance.
- Manage the returns and defective products in partnership with Logistics and Quality (potential future)
- Answer East Coast customer calls during morning hours (8am-noon East Coast time)
- Book of international and US East Coast orders (SFDC opportunity closing, AX order entry)
- Process US/CA intercompany orders in dual ERP systems (AX, Expandable)
- Triage of the US sales administration email inbox
- Act as liaison between US Sales Support Team and the Markham office
- 5+ years of experience in the function (International experience is a plus)
- Fast learner, self-starter, accountable, reliable
- Ability to successfully work in a dynamic environment
- Able to work under pressure and tight timelines
- Problem solving attitude
- Cross-functional perspective and coordination
- Experience with contract negotiation a plus
- Precise, accurate, detail oriented
- Understanding of basic SOX/GAAP rules relative to order management/revenue recognition
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Offer onsite yoga classes, friendly greetings, and, seriously, a lot more
Sound good? Apply online now with your resume.
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.