Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a motivated Technical Support Specialist (TSS) to serve as the primary customer contact on application related issues in the EMEA region. The TSS is primarily responsible for providing technical support and guidance to customers and distributors on the operation and maintenance of Fluidigm’s product lines and will work closely with the Field Application Specialists (FAS) to provide top quality technical support and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. An additional responsibility of this position will be to follow up on some leads which are received from conferences and webinar/seminar attendance to determine if there is a real interest in our products and feeding back the information gained to our field sales team.
The TSS will build strong applied knowledge of the product lines and applications they specifically address. The position requires significant direct interaction with existing customer base, and will be office based in Cambourne, UK. Some travel may be required for product training and for escalated cases
- An outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and self-motivation
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer support experience in the Life Sciences highly desirable
- Strong team player
- Ability to understand customer challenges/needs and present solution
- Keen interest in technology and its application to specific research trends
- Fluent in French (highly desirable)
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize phone and email requests for assistance from customers, distributors and staff.
- Log and manage customer interactions in Salesforce.com to build and maintain an accurate customer database.
- Develop and sustain expertise in Fluidigm products, applications and services
- Develop, write and edit technical content for customer-facing documentation and training materials.
- Coordinate the preparation and delivery of training materials to customer sites.
- Participate in application design, data analysis, and authoring of high impact journal articles, application notes, and white papers, where appropriate
- Support customer collaborations which specifically address commercial opportunity, application expansion, or growth
- Report activities and trends back to commercial management through written reports and regular telephone conversations
- Follow up on C-leads and communicate progress to sales team.
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- BSc with 2+ years relevant lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry or similar discipline.
- Solid experience in at least one of the following applications: Flow Cytometry, Digital pathology, Gene Expression, Genotyping, Digital PCR or NGS Sequencing.
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
Sound good? Apply online now with your resume.