Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner (Europe). The Senior HR Business Partner is responsible for leading Business Partner activities for the Company’s European region. Through a deep knowledge of all client business, people and organizational needs, the Senior HRBP supports clients with effectively diagnosing complex issues, recommending solutions and engaging the appropriate resources to provide HR services that support the successful achievement of business goals.
The Senior HRBP serves as a consultant to executives and senior management on human resource-related matters, and acts as an employee champion and change agent.
- Oversees and assesses the effective delivery of HR programs and services for European client groups.
- Participates and at times leads the design, development and rollout of global and regional HR programs.
- Oversees the delivery of meaningful organization and talent review processes, as well as ensures the effective execution of global talent management initiatives (retention planning, succession planning, performance and calibration programs, talent development planning, etc.).
- Provides coaching and consultation to executives and senior management on strategic projects, department goals, HR policies and programs. Recommends appropriate decisions which may be significantly complex in nature, and will have a significant impact to the business.
- The Senior HRBP Initiates timely and appropriate discussions with Senior leaders regarding organization design issues within different client groups, and provides guidance on organization change practices and actions.
- Effectively collaborates with HR COEs (Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management / Learning & Development, etc.) when working on the development and implementation of strategies and programs to attract, develop, reward and retain exceptional talent.
- Designs, develops and implements communication strategies to introduce new global HR programs and Company initiatives. Ensures effective communication strategies are in place within their clients and builds two-way communication channels.
- Ensures multi-location continuity in terms of HR programs, management philosophy and company culture, which in turn fosters consistent practices and thinking within different client groups and the organization.
- Manages complex employment relations issues, and provides general communications coaching to senior leaders. Guides leaders to have timely, critical conversations and ensures the appropriate management of conflict.
- Identifies opportunities to expand and strengthen HRBP team’s role in client organizations.
- Provides local operational HR services which includes but not limited to, administrative services, recruitment, job analysis, benefits administration, and addressing employees’ queries (i.e., compensation and labor regulations). Ensures Company’s regional entities are compliant with local employment law.
- Typically, 3-5 years as a Sr. HR Business Partner (global HR experience preferred).
- 12+ years of relevant experience in the HR field and a BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business.
- A Master’s degree can be substituted for 2 years of relevant experience.
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!