Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Product Applications Scientist- Proteomics to conduct proof of performance studies, complete competitive testing and analysis and develop educational tools for single cell proteomics applications.
- Develop an extensive and advanced understanding of the mass cytometry platform.
- Interact with key opinion leaders to develop optimal mass cytometry workflows that will ensure customer success.
- Design and/or conduct experiments that define the mass cytometry platform for product development, marketing and training purposes.
- Participate in the creation and review of technical and/or application materials (user manuals, application notes, white papers, and presentations).
- Develop and deliver innovative training programs for our field support teams and customers utilizing the Fluidigm Learning Management System.
- Provide advanced customer applications support, including troubleshooting issues related to user technical skill, instrument operation, experimental design, and data analysis, for the mass cytometry platform.
- A PhD in life sciences with experience in molecular biology, immunology, cancer research and/or stem cell biology.
- Hands on experience and expertise in flow cytometry or mass cytometry experience is an asset.
- Skilled in troubleshooting software, instrumentation, and applications.
- High level bioinformatics skills are desirable.
- The ability to travel at least 30% of the time.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and technical writing ability.
- Independent thinker with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative attitude within and outside own discipline.
- Commitment to customer experience and service.
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.