Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Reporting to the CEO, as part of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), this role is responsible for both leading corporate strategy development and the execution of corporate development initiatives- including projects spanning deal pipeline development, strategic investments (including M&A, joint ventures, etc.) and licensing. This role has a fundamental impact on the direction and long term value creation of the company.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with leading strategy and management frameworks, financial analysis and/or business architecture, with a proven track record of successful M&A, business strategy development, strategic partnerships, and change management by influence.
The role requires strong teamwork and partnership with multiple stakeholders across Fluidigm and outside partners. He/she will exhibit broad strategic thinking abilities and excellent business acumen, coupled with excellent leadership skills to navigate in a matrixed environment suited to a high-performance leadership culture. The successful candidate will bring insights into healthcare decision making and the value provided by genomic and proteomics tools, with a viewpoint on how the industry will evolve in the future.
- Leads annual corporate strategy planning and the communication to Board of Directors as well as internal stakeholders
- Skilled at analyzing problems and arriving at clear decisions; able to distill information, gain clarity of ideas, synthesize, and then define next steps for execution
- Provides thought leadership on current as well as future market and technology trends
- Manages, selects, evaluates, and performs due diligence and negotiation for all licensing activities related to new business opportunities, markets, and technologies for business and product development
- Performs economic analyses of new opportunities in order to facilitate executive management review and decision-making
- Conducts market assessments, asset valuations, and intellectual property analyses of potential target opportunities;
- Leads and/or supports contract negotiations with external parties with regard to licenses and partnerships
- Prepares and delivers presentations to both internal and external partners relative to business development strategies
- 12+ years of experience in senior roles with significant strategic transaction, business development, and/or strategic-level marketing impact
- A broad understanding of the life sciences industry and key players in its underlying ecosystem. Ideally experience within the genomics/proteomics segment of the industry and or disease assessment and treatment across therapeutic area including immunology and immuno-oncology
- Maturity and executive presence and ability to navigate and develop relationships at all levels in the organization
- Very strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to think conceptually and pragmatically; capable of communicating with senior executives and becoming a trusted advisor on research and strategic issues
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership qualities; ability to collaborate effectively using broad range of influence styles to drive desired results; works well with others and is considered a true team player
- Commitment to the highest standards of honesty and integrity
- Advanced degree (e.g., Ph.D., MBA or other masters) is preferred.
- Specialization in Strategy, Finance, Operations, Marketing or Technology
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.