We’re looking for a Software Tester with a background in Life Sciences to help us create modern, powerful and delightful scientific software products. You will prepare biological samples and execute user workflows for the user interface, instrument control and data analysis features of our products, ensure product requirements are met, defects are identified quickly, and that a high standard of product quality is maintained. This is a 12-month contract with possibility of conversion to full-time, based in Markham, ON, Canada.
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with various departments and functional groups to verify and validate software products for our cutting-edge instrumentation.
• Review and verify software designs and user workflows, create and execute verification and validation plans, recommend software changes to improve the quality of our products and enhance its ease of use.
• Collaborate with a team of developers, testers, product designers, and stakeholders using Agile development methods.
• Update, maintain, and execute use cases and test plans for existing features and user interfaces in our products.
• Analyze, identify, and document issues that are reagent, software and/or hardware in nature, and work alongside developers, engineers, and scientists to resolve them.
• Discuss the user workflows with developers and develop parallel verification test scripts.
• Identify routinely-executed tests and use cases that are good candidates for test automation.
• Help internal and external customers resolve issues related to our software products.
• Conduct wet lab work and sample preparation for HeliosTM and HyperionTM instruments.
• Gain advanced knowledge of mass cytometry software and hardware products over time
• 3+ years of software testing and/or medical device testing experience, with knowledge in creating, organizing and performing tests. Ph. D work may be considered in lieu of software testing experience.
• Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph. D in Life Sciences with focus in Immunology, Cytology, Histology, or Bioinformatics
• Experience helping customers diagnose and resolve potential issues with software products.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
• Experience working with flow cytometry, microscopy, medical imaging or similar scientific products
• Experience with organizational tools (e.g. JIRA) and version/repository control system (e.g. Git, VSTF).
• Experience testing software products that interface with scientific instrumentation or hardware equipment
• Experience working within a medical device environment (e.g., ISO 13485, IEC 62304)
• Working knowledge in a programming language a strong asset.
• Value your contribution, enlist your feedback, and support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
• Provide you with a fun, modern, sun-filled work environment in Markham, Ontario, near Rouge River walking trails and just 5 minutes drive off of Highway 404
• Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
• Offer free onsite yoga classes, espresso and fruits, ping pong and foosball tables, board games, samosa socials, walking and running clubs, an outstanding working environment and, seriously, a lot more