Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a highly qualified Field Application Specialist (FAS) to support the Company’s Company’s Mass Cytometry product line, CyTOF and genomics and cell biology applications, including single-cell and bulk genomics, genotyping and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Library Preparation. The FAS will support Asia Pacific (APAC) customers through application expertise, product knowledge, training & counseling, field demonstrations, seminars and presentations, all with the goal of customer success in using Fluidigm’s technology. If you enjoy bringing new technologies to market, embrace challenges, and work well in a flexible and multidisciplinary environment, then this position may be for you.
- Passionate about inspiring customer success and loyalty
- Excited to facilitate and participate in cutting-edge scientific research
- Motivated to work with many different cultures and communicate effectively with people of diverse cultural and scientific backgrounds
- An excellent communicator and even better listener
- Be the genomics and/or cell biology expert, supporting Fluidigm’s genomics and single-cell applications, as well as the technical go-to person for Fluidigm’s APAC customers
- Provide phone-, email-, and in-person customer applications support, including troubleshooting issues related to user technical skill, instrument operation, experimental design, and data analysis, and maintain support details in the company enterprise database. Be dedicated to customer success by timely and effective resolving all technical inquiries from customers.
- Deliver world-class on-site training course to customers
- Consult with select customers post-sale to support application development, enhance utilization, ensure success, and secure customer advocacy. Promote solutions through participation in technical conferences, trade shows, publications, application notes and white papers, seminars, and symposiums. Collect customer usage information to further enhance training and supporting methodology.
- Provide high quality technical sales support, including technical discussions during customer visits, applications-based seminars, and product demonstrations
- Work in a close-knit environment, with the various departments to achieve common objectives and goals
- Travel approximately 50% covering Asia Pacific regions
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- M.S. in life sciences and/or Ph.D., with strong molecular and cellular biology background preferred.
- 3-5 years of extensive hands-on experience with using flow cytometry/sorting instrumentation
- In addition to having experience in cell culture and cell analysis methods, genomics techniques, NGS background and preferably Genotyping knowledge.
- Excellent skills in technical training, demonstrating and troubleshooting.
- Previous application specialist role or equivalent experience
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Help in development of various skill sets to support you in achieving your goals
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Offer onsite yoga classes, massages, randomly free and good food, friendly greetings, gym equipment and, seriously, a lot more
Sound good? Apply online now with your resume.