Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Senior Manager, Operational Excellence. The Senior Manager, Operational Excellence (OE) is responsible for supporting our OE journey by playing a key role in running the OE Program, leading impactful Continuous Improvement (CI) projects large and small and provide CI training, coaching and mentorship at our corporate headquarters in South San Francisco and across Fluidigm.
The individual is accountable for playing a significant role in our CI deployment by applying Lean and Six Sigma and strong change management skills and other tools within all functions. He/She influences leadership and management to incorporate CI methodologies by deploying experience in designing and executing strong improvement activities, by supporting CI projects, by bringing constructive challenge and by focusing on sustainable results across all levels of Fluidigm.
- Acts as an unwavering advocate of Fluidigm Operational Excellence (or FOX, our team and overall program structure) and Continuous Improvement deployment (our lean, six sigma and other tools and methodologies) to improve quality, increase revenue, reduce cost, and improve the competitive position of Fluidigm.
- Provides leadership, mentoring and support to all employees to foster a desired culture of improving continuously across Fluidigm.
- Collaborates with leadership in the selection, ranking, prioritization and selection of CI projects and Kaizen events.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement, supports the development of projects and detailed project plans for implementing improvements and monitors progress, make any course corrections required to ensure it meets objectives.
- Delivers multi-tiered training on the use of CI (Lean, Six Sigma and other) strategies, methodologies, tools and software.
- Conducts regularly scheduled project reviews to ensure the achievement of expected results. Deploys experience in generating visual management tools and dashboards to measure and monitor quality, incremental revenue generation, cost reductions, and schedule metrics. Has a knack of understanding performance indicators (leading, lagging, process, key,…) and how they work together to drive sustainable improvement.
- Coordinates, collects, and reports CI project results for the organization.
- Capable of leading and managing multiple business-critical projects (CI and Kaizen events) at the same time within the organization.
- Experienced in helping teams get to the real problem to be solved, conducts advanced data collection and analysis, is strong at process mapping and root cause analysis and helps the teams understand the importance of this front-end work before launching into solution mode.
- Facilitates value stream mapping to define Current State and transition to Future State in support of CI project teams.
- Has a wiliness to travel as needed to other Fluidigm operations (including international) as well as supplier facilities as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, a technical discipline is preferred. A Master’s degree (in a technical discipline and/or Management) is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is required.
- ASQ Certification (Mgr/OE, LSBB, or CQE) and/or PMP Certification are assets.
- 5+ years of progressive experience applying Continuous Improvement tools and methods is required.
- Process Simulation Modeling (development and experiment) experience is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of statistical analysis software (i.e. Minitab) and strong Microsoft Office products skills and experience products is required.
- Ability to learn new software solutions quickly and teach others is critical.
- Ability to understand financial returns and calculate ROI on projects is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong project management skills are essential.
- Can work independently with minimal direct oversight.
- Must be capable of motivating functional leaders and CI practitioners towards an analytical/critical thought process.
- Must have the ability to translate strategy into actionable plans and drive change through influence
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.